Monday, April 2, 2012

Last night I had the strangest dream. . . .

No.  I didn't sail away to China in a little row boat to find you.

Nope.  I was at work.  My student teacher was there.  Interesting because she was supposed to move to another school.  I was trying to get my class back into my routine (aka, under control).  It was a disaster.  Kids were everywhere and my former student teacher was killing my classroom management.  Just chaos.  Kids were out of their seats.  There was a convention of some sort behind my desk--huge no-no.  I don't allow anyone behind my desk. 

And then my old high school principal walked in and took a seat.  He was there to observe. Why?  How should I know?  Just because it was my dream doesn't mean that I have any sense of what was really happening.

Next thing I knew my dad was calling my name.  He walked in to ask if I had some medicine.

OK, so those last 2 lines weren't part of the dream. That's what I woke up to. . .my mom was sick and needed some medicine.  Since we were at the lake the girls and I were all bunked up in one room and poor Dad wasn't sure which bed I was in.  So he had to wake us all up. 

No harm, no fowl. 

Except I didn't have any medicine to help my mom.  All of us girls were awake.  And Dad had to make a trip to the truck stop down the road to try to find some meds for Mom.

Yeah, that still sounds like part of the dream doens't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment