Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wii Mii Victory!

As part of our fun for break we spent a little time playing on the Wii.  We were on my parents system instead of our own.  Not that it matters much.  Had to make some adjustments for height for the kids--one of them had grown six inches since we last adjusted her height!

But the best moment was when I did my first fitness test and got my Wii Fit Age.  It figured me to be four years younger than I am.  Woo hoo hoo!  Good stuff right there, right?  Much cause for celebration because around a year ago when I was still recovering from surgery (hush, I know the surgery had been 9 months earlier but I had a really slow difficult recovery) my Wii Fit age was some hideous 10-15 years older than I really am.

I, however, could not just leave well enough alone.  No sirree.  Not me.  I just had to tempt fate, right?

So I did the body test again.  Once again the delightful computer reminded me that I am a fatty-boom-bah-latty (thankyouverymuch) and that I need to work on my balance. 

But then this amazing thing happened.  I took the body test again for my Wii Fit Age and guess what?  It determined that I am 21 years younger--21 years--younger--than I actually happen to be.  (Hmm, closer to 21.5 years younger when I really think about it)  And it went on to say I am in really excellent condition.

Me thinks my parents Wii Fit is suffering from some sort of disorder.  How can I be a fatty-boom-bah-latty who really needs to lose weight and then turn out to be in excellent physical condition?

I'm going to focus on the latter message rather than the former.  I'll keep working on the weight loss and healthy eating.  But for now I'm basking in the glow of "excellent physical condition." 

I've come a long way, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment