Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Keeping it Simple

I have a crockpot.  It's ages old.  I go through phases where I use it a lot and then it sits on the shelf for a good long while.

I pulled it out the other day, knowing that it was going to be a long busy day and that I'd need supper ready when I waked in the door.

I threw 4 or 5 chicken breasts and a little chicken broth in and flipped the crockpot switch to low.

Those babies cooked for almost 11.5 hours.  When I got home I dumped excess broth off and shredded the chicken, which took practically zero effort since they were so tender.  I added some barbecue sauce and kicked the heat up to high.  In nothing flat we had a meal on the table that was devoured.  Completely devoured by the family. 

Simply divine.  Sometimes it really is the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment