Friday, April 13, 2012

Where the Dandelions Grow

That's my place.

I have this one long section by my driveway that is difficult to mow.  Apparently there's a bunch of broken glass in that section from all the years that this property was just woods. 

So now I have a field of dandelions in full cotton stage.  Meaning there will be more dandelions soon enough.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about neighbors being upset by the spread of dandelions.  And I can even take pride in the fact that our lawn is natural.  (Although I'm not really sure you can fertilize and then claim "natural" can you?)

I'm thinking about getting one of those old fashioned lawn mowers (sorry Mom--I know that's what you had as a little girl) so that we can cut that area of the yard better. 

And then I can feel even better about being a "green space," right?

No comments:

Post a Comment