Monday, April 16, 2012

A day to remember. . .

April is a big month in my family.  But this week in particular is extra-loaded with events.

My parents' anniversary is today (Happy Anniversary!)  They were married on my dad's sister-in-law's birthday.  Down the road sad events fell on my parents' anniversary too.  Eleven years ago on this day we learned that the spots on my sister's lungs were in fact cancer.  Nine years ago the nun that I was named after died.  Eight years ago my dad's brother, my godfather, died.

But time marches on and in our family, the rest of this week brings happier occasions around.  Just a few days after my parents' anniversary we celebrate our youngest child's birthday; she was born on the eleventh anniversary of her daddy and I meeting.  And the day after that is my dad's birthday.

We take the good memories along with the sad ones.  And just keep marching onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment