Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I've Got Your Number

Once again I got sucked into a Sophie Kinsella novel.  It's not a bad thing.  I enjoy her novels, even if I do sometimes think I just want to reach into the pages of the book to throttle her nit-wit main character.  I've decided that she likes to make us all feel better about ourselves by creating characters that are so silly we feel superior. 

I suppose that makes me sound angry or something.  But I prefer "smart" characters like Jack Daniels or Detective DD Warren or Izzy Spellman.

And yet I keep read Kinsella novels so I must not dislike her style, eh?

In her latest book Poppy is having a terrible problem--she loses her engagement ring and shortly after that her cell phone.  And from there the story rolls on.  Dear sweet Poppy manages to make a thorough mess of pretty much everything before she finally finds a way to sort it all out.

It is a delightful read and as an added bonus, you'll get to feel superior because you would never make the mistakes Poppy does.  But in the end you are thoroughly happy for her as she plods along and finds her way, even when you thought all was lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment