Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Little Kids are Tough! AKA, Skinned Knees Hurt!

So I fell the other week.  It was one of thse crazy days where things weren't quite going my way and I was distracted and I fell.  Smack right down on both knees.  One would expect that my pants would have been destroyed.  They were not.  But I ended up with two skinned knees.  Lousy event.  Lousy timing.

But there are good lessons from that experience:

1)  Watch where you are going.  Especially when you are carrying a box with dishes in it.  When you are wearing heels.  Walking fast in a parking lot with crumbled patches of concrete.  (The dishes survived the fall with nary a crack--amazing)

2)  Kids are tough.  Really they are.  I cannot figure out why my skinned knees  (happened on a Wednesday) were still so painful on Sunday.  I couldn't even kneel in church.  What is wrong with me?  I thought I was tough.  Apparently not.  Little kids are tough though.  They just keep going.

3)  Little kids are quite helpful.  When my youngest daughter saw my knees she said "Mommy, you are going to need two bandaids for each knee!"  And then she ran off to find my bandaids.

Probably because she knew just how much it hurt.  And she got to take care of me for a change.  Kids are great like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment