Friday, March 2, 2012

My list of wants. . .

I am blessed and I know it.  Three years ago I was lucky enough to be able to build my dreamhouse on a lovely piece of property that included a woods with a little creek on the back edge of our land.

But that doesn't mean that I don't still want for things.

My poor husband keeps getting emails from me asking for things that I like and want him to make.  I'm sure he rolls his eyes every time because to me, these look like simple projects.

I've been all over the Ana White. Today he got links for these projects:

A playhouse (this fascination started yesterday and continues today)

This outdoor double lounger that I must have for my deck.

And this hanging outdoor daybed would be amazing on my porch.

Along with this plan for a table since we've had a table top for ever and just needed to figure out how to put the top on legs.

If only I had the skills to make this stuff myself.  I think that one of the first things we whould do though is build a combination garden shed/playhouse for the girls.  They would love it and we'd be able to take some things out of the garage. 

Maybe it's time for me to dust off my woodworking skills I learned in seventh and eigth grade.  Surely a girl can't just expect the hubby to do all of these.  I know he's excited about getting the new table and matching bench made.  I think he's less excited about the outdoor daybed.  And the idea of the playhouse is a bit intimidating.  But I am confident we can tackle these and succeed!

Surely we can.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment