Thursday, March 8, 2012

Have I mentioned. . . .

that my parents rock?

Because they do.  Big time.

I'm not going to try to paint a false picture here.  Parents are frustrating and annoying when they are telling you what to do (especially when you are a teenager and they are just "old" and "don't get it").  But the older I get, the more I appreciate my parents for who they are and all they do for me.

The latest?  They quite politely asked for a walk-through of my plans for my basement.  They came for supper last night and my mom asked me to go downstairs for a bit to show her what I want to do in the basement.  We grabbed a measuring tape and headed for the basement. 

My dad is a very logical thinker and he amended my plans a bit making the combination guest bedroom/sewing room/tornado room a bit bigger.  Smart man.  Now I'll have room for a queen size bed, a full size couch and a loveseat in that room along with a huge closet, deep shelving and sewing nook.

Perfect. 

Now if only I could get things lined up to just get this done by the end of March I'd be super happy.  The plans for the shelving have been re-drawn and costs re-calculated.  Now I'm working on the costs for installing pocket doors and building the 2 walls/closet/shelves for the multi-purpose room. 

Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment