Monday, March 5, 2012

Butterscotch Chip Cookies

Last week we celebrated a co-worker's birthday.  One of the guys pitched in to pay for lunch even though he wasn't eating it.  He's a good guy like that.  But it's not fair that he always chips in for meals he isn't taking part in.  So we promised there would be something for him too. . .and cookies were the obvious choice.  He loves cookies, especially butterscotch cookies. 

Making them was a bit humorous since my kitchen is not fully functioning righ tnow.  My microwave died a few weeks ago and my oven is cantankerous.  But I was determined to get these cookies made!  It was my first time making this recipe so I wasn't sure how long I'd actually have to bake them assuming I could get the oven temp under control.  They came out great.  Three out of five in my family loved them.   Only one was opposed to eating them.  The fifth member of the family liked them but wouldn't call it love.

The recipe is as follows:

1 cup butter
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda 

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.  In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.  Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.    Then stir in 1 package of butterscotch chips.

Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet or baking stone.  Bake for 8-10 minutes (assuming your oven is 375 and holds temperature--which mine isn't doing very well right now).

Cookies should be light brown.  Let cool

Yields approx 5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment