Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Asthma stinks. Allergies do too.

I thought we were done dealing with both of these buggers.  One of my lil babes used to have trouble with both allergies and asthma as we went from winter to spring and from fall to winter.  Hmmm, winter is the connecting factor here isn't it?

Well good riddance to winter!

Just before Christmas I got hit with a lousy cold that turned into bronchitis that wouldn't go away and was eventually diagnosed as asthma.  I am very unhappy with this because it is almost spring break time and I have not been able to get in shape.  I had great plans to get back on track starting with Christmas break.  But I was too sick.  And coming back from such a nasty round of asthma has been killer.  Working out is a terrible chore now.  But there's no choice.  It must be done. 

But the worst of it all is that allergies seem to have grown on my youngest babe when I wasn't looking.  She was under the weather some last week.  She just couldn't kick it.  No fever.  She had a sore throat and just preferred to lounge on the couch over almost anything else.  But she is now coughing the same ugly cough that her older sister used to have seasonally.  Very similar to the cough I had before the asthma diagnosis.

Mommy fail.

I know.  It's not like I could have known 3 weeks ago to get her started on allergy medicine.  But still.  My girly is miserable.  And it's going to take time to get her back on track.  Sigh.

The bright spot is that the sun shines and it feels good outside.  Asthma and allergies are just another bump in the road, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment