Friday, March 23, 2012

Field Trip Friday!

I am excited.

My oldest is in 8th grade.  I have been on precious few field trips throughout her school career because of my own job (insert very sad face!)  So when she asked me to go on her eighth grade field trip to the monastery I told her "absolutely!"

It wasn't easy getting out of work for the field trip but I definitely wanted to make this one happen.

And today is the big day.  We'll be heading a little over an hour away from here to visit my favorite monastery--the one I practically grew up in (or should I say "at" but it seems weird to say that too?) 

I really have no idea what the field trip will involve.  I can't imagine I'll see much that I haven't seen already.  But it's a chance to go hang out with her during the school day.  And I can't miss out on that.  Not at all. 

Love my girls like crazy and wish I could just be that mom who was always there for field trips and class parties.  But since I can't always get out of work for that, I have to make the most of the times I do get with them.

I'll update tomorrow on our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment