Saturday, March 17, 2012

The luck of the Irish

Ok.  I'm going to come across sarcastic.  Please do not take offense.

I'm not Irish.  Not 1 teeny tiny bit.

To the best of my knowledge my children have no Irish blood in them.

So today we will wear whatever we like. . .green is not  a requirement for our (German heritage) life.

I'm so relieved that St. Patrick's Day is NOT on a school day this year.  I won't have to explain my lack of green over and over and over.  And I won't have to go buy green shirts for my kids to wear to school to avoid pinching from their classmates.

We'll just go about our business like always.  The Irish may have their holiday and those who choose to  celebrate, have at it.  Just don't judge me for not feeling like I need to crash the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment