Sunday, February 5, 2012

Who knew? (I really want to make that "Cu Knew" but that wouldn't make sense until after you read this)

A while back the kids had school but we parents had the day off so we were able to enjoy a leisurely lunch at Biaggi's.  We don't often eat out but I convinced my husband that he would love it.  And he did.  He raved about how good the whole meal was but he was especially pleased with the "cucumber thing."  That meant I would have to find a way to duplilcate it.  I don't for one minute claim mine is as good as theirs.  But I can get kids to eat cucumbers when I make this.

Cucumber Salad
3-4 cucumbers, peeled, sliced, and seed removed
2-3 slices of onion (dice them)
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c vinegar
sprinkle salt and white pepper
I mix the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper first so it can start blending while I slice and dice onions and cucumbers
Mix it all together and refrigerate.  This is one of those things that is always better the next day.  One of my girls has it as an after school snack, an addition to breakfast and even as a bedtime snack.  Who knew fresh cucumbers and vinegar could be so good, even to kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment