Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quoteworthy

I used to just read books. Now I read and take notes as I go.  Sometimes certain lines just jump out at me. . .like I need to write them down so I can remember them.  Other times it is a line from a movie that resonates.  Maybe it made me pause to think for a moment.  Maybe it made me laugh. 

I have a variety of little notes here and there, little snippets of paper with a quote that seemed important enough to commit to memory.

I stumbled across one today while cleaning out my desk.  One quote written on the back of a to-do list from 4.5 years ago.

The quote?

"Sometimes we don't do things that we want to do so that others won't know that we want to do them."

It's from The Village.  And how true is it?  We can all think of times when we chose NOT to do something that we really wanted to do because we knew that if we did it,  people would make assumptions or draw their own conclusions.  And what if they did?  What if they came to an absolutely true conclusion?

On a much lighter note, I often use this one on my kids when they make bad choices:

"The felonies just keep pilin' up!"   It comes from the movie Just Like Heaven, which by the way is probably about my favorite movie ever.  For a while I was watching it on an almost weekly basis.  You should watch it too. 

My list of great quotes goes on and on and on. I'll have to think about this some so I can narrow down the list to just a few really really good ones to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment