Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finally--my Oscar recap!

Sometimes I am such a delinquent. Or procrastinator.  Or as one of my friends says "slack tart."

Whatever term best applies, here are my thoughts on the Oscars and the Red Carpet.

First of all, huge props to the hubby for tolerating the pre-Oscars show with me.  As I explained to one bored daughter that the Oscars are the Super Bowl of the movies.  Thus it was imperative that we watch and see what all the stars were wearing.  And I insisted that once Billy Crystal did the opening, we could watch something else. 

It seems I lied.  We managed to watch most of the awards show.  I had a terrible time staying awake until the end though!

Best dressed?   I'm certainly no expert on fashion.  Heck, I have a closet full of black stuff because it makes getting ready every morning easier.  But in my opinion, Penelope Cruz  exemplified what a Hollywood starlet looks like.  A very close second goes to Octavia Spencer wearing a gorgeous gown--not too revealing and not too much.  Just classic elegance.

As for the men?  I have sentimental favorites.  George Clooney always seems to pull of the part of a debonair bachelor just fine.  And this year Christopher Plummer gets a nod from me because he certainly made a statement in his navy velvet tux. 

I didn't get a chance to see all the movies that were up for awards; I rarely do.  But I have to say that I am pleased by the winners for best supporting actor/actress, best actor/actress and best movie.  The fact that a black and white silent movie would win in 2012?  It seems like such an unusual choice.  Which means I must take the time to see The Artist for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment