Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

It's been eleven years.  I clearly remember walking out the back door of my house 1 day with daughter number 1 holding my hand.  She was my mini-me.  Very verbal litle girl who loved to be with her mama.  And I remember thinking, what have I done?  How will our world change when this new baby gets here?

Baby girl, oh my she was a big baby girl.  We didn't find out what we were having until she arrived. We called her "Moose Baby" for the longest time.  Made me feel terrible when the doctor told me:  "It's a girl.  Wow.  She's a big girl too.  Someboday weigh that girl!" 

Oops.  Moose isn't exactly the right nickname for a girl.

She was big.  Biggest baby in the nursery for a few hours.  Another girl from work had her baby that afternoon and hers was a whopping 1 oz bigger than my girl.

My baby girl started her time on earth with dark brown hair.   After spending a week at the beach when she was a toddler, her hair was white blond.  So pretty.  But wow, did she stick out in the family pictures.  All the rest of us had dark brown hair and then theire she was--shocking white blond!

She is fiercely determined.  She is smart.  She is a problem solver. She is a force to be reckoned with.   Always has been.  She has never been content to just sit and wait for things to happen.  She works to make sure it happens.  She is my grocery store helper, always willing to run errands with me and keep me on track.  She recently started playing piano.  She is a phenomenal little musician.  I'm so proud of her.

As for her sister?  She adapted.  She's still my mini-me.  But it turns out I can have more than one mini-me.  They each have their own role in our family and their own little piece of my heart.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment