Thursday, November 1, 2012

What I have not been reading. . . .

I love to read by lately I cannot find anything that holds my attention long enough to actually finish it.

I picked up the book No Easy Day, about Seal Team Six, the one that served the mission that killed Obama Bin Laden (please note I never celebrate the death of an individual. . .if this is the "solution" to our problems, what a sad world we are in).  I thought I would read the book to see what all the fuss was about whether or not this individual told information that should have remained classified. 

I never got past the first 30 pages.  So I took it back to the library.

I also picked up Zoo, which I understand is supposed to be one of James Patterson's best books ever.  I didn't make it past the first 50 pages of that one either.  so back to the library with it.

Part of the problem was the need to watch baseball (all that time in front of the TV, and still my team did not pull off a win in the World Series) and I suppose a general lack of good things to read.

I refuse to read that one series that has been at the top of the NYTimes bestseller list for months--the trilogy of trash.

But I do have a very good friend who recommended some books to me and I am going to start on her series this weekend.  I'm starting at the beginning of the series and working forward.  I'll let you know how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment