Thursday, November 8, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Oh the best observations and the utmost in honesty come from the little members of the family.

The youngest member of our family burst into my room one morning when I was gathering my purse to leave for work and proudly exclaimed "Mommy!  You are the Congress!"

I was baffled.  The Congress?

So I asked her to repeat what she had said.

"You are the Congress Mommy!  How does that feel?"

Ummm, I don't know.  Why do you say I'm the Congress?

"Because I asked Daddy what the President does and he said that the President is in charge of the country but really he just sees what needs to be done and then directs Congress who really does the work."

Ohhhhhh.  I see.

"So Mommy, Daddy might see that the living room is a mess but you are the one that makes sure it gets cleaned up.  That makes Daddy the President and you the Congress!"

Love it.  She's a smart girl, that littlest one of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment