Friday, November 2, 2012

Pillow Talk!

Oh how I love Doris Day and Rock Hudson!  They did three movies together. . .and they were such fun innocent little movies.

Check out the intro to this one: 


Pillow Talk is a 1959 movie about people sharing a party line.  For my younger readers, ask the old people in your lives for their experiences with a party line.  Several houses shared a telephone line and the ring was slightly different depending on who the call was intended for (which I don't quite understand since by the time I came along, party lines were a thing of the past in this area).  Anyway, this movie was about people sharing a party line and they did not like each other. . .or did they?  You'd have to watch to see.

Doris Day was born in 1924 and is still active; advocacy for animals is a huge part of her life.  She often played the role of the smart beautiful woman but she was was enough like the rest of us that she could be the girl next door. . .just all glammed up.  And what a beautiful voice.

Ooooo--it appears you can watch the movie at this link!  What a find!!!  (Please note I have not taken the time to inspect this link so if it is not actually the whole movie, I thoroughly apologize and would appreciate it if you would message me or comment below so I can remove it!  This blog is meant for readers of all ages.)


Enjoy!  (I just gave you your Friday night movie. . .I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment