Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Manicotti

So I have a bit of a dilemma this week.  I spent so much at the grocery store leading up to Thanksgiving I am stubbornly resisting a trip to the grocery this week.  This means being extra creative with the dinner menu each night.  But this meal makes it easy.  I have ricotta and I have a family that loves manicotti!

1 box of large pasta shells (easier to stuff than manicotti)
1 lb of ricotta
1 egg
1/2 tsp basil
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

1 large jar or can of your favorite pasta sauce
up to 2 cups of shredded cheese--mozzarella or a mix like colby jack

Cook pasta according to directions

Mix the ricotta, egg and spices together.  

Stuff cooked pasta shells.  I prefer pasta shells only because they are easier for me to stuff than are manicotti.  

Pour about 1/4 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Places stuffed shells in the baking dish.  Cover with the rest of the pasta sauce and a light layer of shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment