Friday, November 23, 2012

Rock Hudson. . .Send Me No Flowers

I always adored Rock Hudson.  He and Cary Grant were my 2 favorite actors, even when I was a young girl.  Tall, dark hair, and amazing voice (I recently learned he had surgery to deepen his voice--the internet is full of all kinds of incredible bits of information.)

Rock starred in several movies with Doris Day.  One of my favorites with the two of them is Send Me No Flowers, the story of a hypochondriac who overhears a conversation and believes that he is dying.  So he sets out on a mission to get all his "affairs in order" including locating the next husband for his wife.

It's a hoot.  Doris Day is her usual bubbly self while Rock plays the part of a sad hypochondriac to perfection.  And this one is available on youtube as a whole movie too.  So bookmark this entry if you can't stop to watch the whole show now!

No comments:

Post a Comment