Thursday, November 22, 2012

She said "love you" and headed out the door.

Most of the time that probably wouldn't hardly register.  After all, we are a family that says it frequently.   Some might even say that we use those words too much.

But the other day my teenage daughter stopped by my classroom during a passing period to check the lunch options in my "pantry."  She didn't find anything enticing so she told me that she'd just get something in the cafeteria.  Then she casually said "Bye.  Have a good one.  Love you."

And then she headed out the door.  I was dumbstruck.  I figured it was patently uncool to tell your mama "love you" in front of other students.

Yet she did. Possibly even cooler was the fact that no one in the room commented about it. 

So I guess it's cool after all. 

Two of my babes are pretty open about saying "I love you" and giving hugs.  My third tends to be more reserved about it.  But they feel it and have their own way of letting me know.

For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment