Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"New" Author!!!

I owe a great debt to the friend who recommeded PJ Tracy's book Monkeewrench

You might have noticed that I haven't written about any good books in a while.  I had fallen into a bit of a book slump.  I'd find something that was supposed to be good and I'd try to read it.  Only to give up and take it back to the library.

Well. . . . Dominique (stop making fun of her name--no pretending you are the Singing Nun here!) pointed me toward Monkeewrench.  And when I didn't respond in a timely manner with "I love that book!" she reminded me again. 

So I got it.  I was prepared to love it so I planned a starting time for reading it so I'd have a chance to just sit and read.

Wowsers.

The story takes place in two states where law enforcement are investigating murders.  One state has a series of murders that match up to the crime scenes in a game created by Monkeewrench Software.  The other state is working to solve the apparently random murder of an old couple in church. 

Monkeewrench Software is made up of of a group of five people who have been friends since college.  But they have some shared mysterious background.

You'll have to read it for yourself.  It's definitely a book worth your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment