Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day. . .observed.

So yesterday was Veterans Day.  Today is "Veterans Day observed" meaning that it's the paid holiday since Sunday was already a day off for many of us. 

Maybe it's a good thing when it falls like this. . .actually gives two days to thank Veterans and their families for the sacrifices they have made.

Our family was in Mass at 11:00 on November 11.  Somehow that just seemed particularly fitting--to be in church remembering those who have served. 

In my family we have had many to serve.  My dad, two of his brothers, several cousins on that side of the family (don't give me a hard time here--my dad was one of six kids and I have a total of 32 first cousins!)  On my mom's side of the family all three of my uncles served and one of my first cousins served.  I believe that two of my first cousins have children currently serving overseas.

So today we will take an extra moment to remember again, those who have served their countries, around the world.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment