Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unstuffed Peppers

This is one of my favorite meals but sadly, the rest of my family is not as impressed with it.  I have the kids who don't like rice.  Or they like rice but not peppers.  You can see how this is a problem.  But I love mixing this one up for me and letting them have something else.

1 lb ground round, browned
1 jar of your favorite marina sauce

1 or 2 cups rice, your preference

1/2 onion, cut into big chunks
1 red, green, yellow or orange pepper (your choice) cut into big chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil

shredded cheese for garnish.

Begin by starting the rice.  I love my rice cooker.  I understand Pampered Chef makes an amazing rice cooker but I like the little one I inherited from my sister.

Brown the meat and add the sauce.  Let simmer while you quickly fry up the onion and peppers. 

The beauty of this dish, to me, is that you don't have to eat the parts you don't like as well.  Start with rice, add the meat sauce on top then peppers and onions.  Garnish with schredded cheese and dig in.  Yuuuuuum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment