Monday, October 8, 2012

Last thoughts on the street festival

Sometimes it really is the little things that make me happy. 

Sometimes those little things also make me cry.

Like when kids who claim to hate each other manage to work together and find happiness--for themselves and each other. 

Last week at the street festival we got down to the last few tickets for rides and the girls had to negotiate some about what they would ride.  They elected to ride one ride together. Watching the sheer joy on their faces as the ride went 'round and 'round and 'round, well, it pushed my buttons.  I was silently choking back the tears through my own smile.

Because really, it wasn't such a small thing.  It was huge.  When these kids find a way to solve a problem and both come out happy, that is huge.  Maybe they do like each other.  But shhhhh!  Don't tell them I can see that they really do like each other.  They prefer to think they are enemies. 

Silly kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment