Friday, October 19, 2012

Good Stuff (aka, they don't make'em like they used to!)

As a young girl I fell in love with Cary Grant.  Not that I'm old.  But Mr. Grant had already retired from making movies by the time I came along.  So he was definitely from "the old days."

He is the ideal. . .or at least his movie characters were.  The unfailing gentleman.  Debonair.  Charming.  And funny.

I remember seeing the 1937 movie "Topper" which is describe this way on the IMDB website: 

"A fun-loving couple, finding that they died and are now ghosts, decide to shake up the stuffy lifestyle of a friend of theirs. "

Oh you should take a moment or two and watch some clips. . .



And this one is a good one too:


Or step a little closer to today. . .and check out the 1944 film "Arsenic and Old Lace" which is a Frank Capra film.  IMDB's short description of this film is :  

"A drama critic learns on his wedding day that his beloved maiden aunts are homicidal maniacs, and that insanity runs in his family."

Oh why not.  Check out this highlight reel of his best moments in that one: 


(Absolute side note, I love his aunt's house)

Oh there are so many more magnificent Cary Grant moments.  Maybe I should make Fridays all about my favorite old moviestars? 

As Cary Grant would say--Good stuff.  Good stuff indeed.

One postscript to my good stuff--TIGERS WIN!!!  World Series Bound!  Yaaaaaay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment