Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree!

I am a kid of the 70s raised by parents from the 40s but we lived as though it was the 50s.

My parents believed in family time, home cooked meals, dinner at 5 pm and good music.

We said our prayers every night before bed and prayed the Rosary on the way too or from my grandparents house.

Much of the music I listened to as a little girl was either orchestral music or popc from the 1960s.  But this particular one is a song I distinctly remember hearing on the radio. It's from Tony Orlando and Dawn and tells the story of a man getting out of prison and the signal he asks his girlfriend to give him when he gets back to town.  A yellow ribbon means she wants him back.  No ribbon means he should stay on the bus.

Listen for yourself. . .I won't give away the ending!


No comments:

Post a Comment