Monday, April 1, 2013

Back to life, back to reality

Somehow it just seems wrong to go back to school on April Fool's Day, yanno?  Two of the kids don't go back until the second (lucky!)

But since I get to head right back into reality, I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get through the week.

There's chicken salad.

There's ham salad.

There's shredded chicken waiting to become bbq chicken.

There's shredded chicken waiting to become lime chicken tacos.

So even though the calendar calls for a busy week, we will be eating well.

Mom's Ham Salad:
Use a food processor to shred previously fully cooked ham.

Add just enough salad dressing to make it into ham salad.  Remember you can always add more Miracle Whip but it's pretty hard to just come up with more ham ;-)

Perhaps my most ridiculous recipe ever but since I had a friend ask me how I make ham salad, I figured there was a chance that someone else out there might need a little nudge.

A little tune to get us back in the swing of things:

No comments:

Post a Comment