Monday, April 29, 2013

Taco Soup!

I know it's getting to be spring so soup doesn't sound quite as good as it does in December.  But this one hits the spot pretty much year round.

I have to give credit to a girl friend who doesn't cook but she managed to make taco soup for a department luncheon one day.  After eating hers I went in search of a recipe for us.  I didn't find one I liked so I pulled parts of different recipes to create my own.

1 lb ground chuck, browned
1 small onion, diced
2 cans petite diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
2 small cans green chiles
1 small can of sliced black olives
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (this step helps cut down on gas--sorry if that's tmi)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix

Brown meat and onion then add the rest of the ingredients.  If it seems too thick, add a cup of water.  Let simmer together.

We garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.

Hopefully you enjoy this one as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment