Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How to say "I love you"

We all have our special little ways of saying "I love you" to those we love.

Just as important is knowing what that person would like as a display of love, right?

So today a set of suggestions for how to say "I love you" to me.  Note as you read that the words are not as important as the actions.  Some people need to hear the worlds.  Not me.  Actions speak volumes.

  • Get me a bag of Cheetos and open it so they will go stale.  Simply because stale Cheetos are my favorite and we all know that.  Add a Diet Coke and life just got amazing.
  • After opening that bag. . .keep your hands out of it.  Let'em go stale for me!
  • Fold that basket of laundry. . .or maybe just put away the one that is folded and sitting at the bottom of the steps.
  • Wipe down the stove after dinner.  If I wasn't the chef for the night, it probably hasn't been wiped down during the dinner prep.  Do it for me and I'll be amazed.
  • Clean a bathroom. . .or just empty the trash from the bathroom.
  • Put gas in the car for me.  If you aren't old enough to do that, remind Daddy that Mom's car needs gas.
  • Stop in and give me a hug.  I'll probably check your forehead for fever and ask if everything is OK.  But a hug never hurts.
I'm curious--anyone care to be bold enough to join this conversation and share what says "I love you" to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment