Thursday, April 18, 2013

Some things never change. . . .

I recently stopped by my old university.  The kids and I were out and, well, one of them needed a restroom so we made a quick pitstop.

We went into the old science and engineering building.  I spent many hours in that building even though I wasn't majoring in science or engineering.  My sister was a science student and I had a number of science-y or engineering geek friends (love ya guys, don't be offended--you know you were geeks!)  We chose that building because there is close parking and we don't run as great of a risk of getting a dreaded parking ticket in that particular lot.

The interior of the building has changed considerably.  The lobby is more "modern" than it was when I was there. They have changed things around. . .space that belonged to offices became classrooms and vice versa.

The bathroom though is right where I left it.  It has been improved too.  It has better lighting and new tile as well as faucets with sensor. 

But what I really liked was what hasn't changed at all.  On the inside of the stalls you can still find some reading material.  It was the weekly calendar with campus activities including Mass times and other group meetings.

Pretty cool.  Even in an age of constant electronic communication, the school uses paper calendars taped to the bathroom doors.

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment