Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vacation all I ever wanted!

It goes without saying that I love my job.  However, when the year winds down and the days are hot and full of sunshine, I am absolutely ready for summer vacation.  At the end of May and beginning of June I have my list of things to do.  Might as well share.  Perhaps making it public will mean that it happens, right?

Home projects:
  • Build those shelves I mentioned back in February
  • Build the benches to go with the rustic farmhouse table we built in April.
  • Sand and paint the kitchen chairs to match the table and benches we built
  • Build the two walls to make the bedroom/storm-room in the basement
  • Clean/organize/purge the basement
  • Paint the laundry room, upstairs hallway and maybe part of the basement
  • (Clean out the garage!)
Projects with the kids:
  • Paint the desk chair--turquoise!!!
  • Paint their name signs, an unfinished project from last summer
  • Find a vet's office or animal rescue spot for my youngest to volunteer at a few times this summer
  • Bake up a freezer full of breakfast treats for next school year!  English muffins, bagels and kuchens would be nice
  • Work in the garden.  We really want to have more fresh vegetables and berries.
  • (Build a playhouse/shed)
  • (Build a campsite down in the woods perhaps looking into the cost of some canvas shading that would provide some measure of tick protection too)
Fun times:
  • Swimming.  Lots and lots of swimming!
  • Short road trips.  Right now I'm looking at trips to 3 or 4 nearby "big" cities for a few days at a time.  In three of those cities we have friends we can hang out with rather than have to stay in hotels. 
  • Many trips to the library/long afternoons reading
  • Take in a few baseball games.  Baseball was a huge part of my life when I a kid; I feel it should be part of theirs too. 
That looks like a pretty good list to get us started!

No comments:

Post a Comment