Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Music

When I was a kid growing up we would clean house on Saturday morning.  We'd get the records on and get busy--dust, vacuum, and take care of laundry.  All the while listening to the "Sounds of the 60s" from the record player.  I have vivid memories of pretending I was on stage singing this one when I was supposed to be dusting in the living room (did I think they couldn't hear me???)  Oy.


And how did I not think I'd get caught picking up the stereo needle to play this song over and over again?



We were expressly forbidden from picking up the arm on the stereo to replay a song because doing so might mean that the record would be scratched.  But I had to hear my song over and over and over.  And I couldn't wait through all the songs on that side of the record!!!

PS--if anyone finds The Sensational 60s or Greatest Love Songs of the Sensational 60s on a CD (I want the Columbia Records version from oh so long ago) please send me a message!  So far I have not had any luck finding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment