Monday, May 21, 2012

Deadlocked

Oooooo what a treat!  I walked into the library and saw the latest Sookie Stackhouse book (by Charlaine Harris) sitting on the Bestseller Express rack.  My reading lately has been all over the map so I wasn't even aware that the newest book was out (bad Sookie fan, bad!)  But it was a delight to find a new one and even better, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

The previous book in the series was just too "out there" for me.  I like the books that keep Sookie in her Gran's house and revolve around the people already in her life rather than introduce a ton of new people that I can't keep straight anyway.

In this one, Sookie gets to unravel the mystery of how and why a girl ends up dead in Eric Northman's front yard.  There is an ongoing struggle with the fairy community and of course Alcide and his pack tie into the story as well. 

Overall it was a much better "back to Sookie" kind of story.  Just delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment