Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends

I had a really rotten start to this work week.  Or so it seemed.

It was picture day for the kids.  Two of the three had some sort of issue at 6:30 in the morning regarding their outfits.  (This, after I had to run a special load of laundry the night before because they suddenly realized they didn't have jeans.)

We left a little late for school.

As we crossed one set of railroad tracks, we saw the train sitting still.  We said a quick prayer it wouldn't have us blocked at the next street (the tracks curve and our normal route to school means crossing that set twice).  But it was blocked.

Oooookay then.

New route.

But then the same set of railroad tracks (which I cross in yet another spot each day after dropping them off to school) was shut down entirely.  There was asphalt piled up at that crossing.  What happened here????  No time to worry about that.  The goal was to get to school on time.

I debated who to drop off first.  Then I had to call in quickly to say that I would likely be late.  My secretary was very good this morning and said she'd take care of me.

We proceeded to school.  The shuttle bus hadn't left yet (thank you for small miracles!) so the older two were able to make it on time.  The youngest didn't have any worrries since her school starts a bit later.

And then I made it in as well.  Huge thanks to my secretary for taking care of me. 

And of course the ultimate thanks to the one who got me in to get my work week started on a positive after so much stress just getting to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment