Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wicked reads

A few years ago I decided to give Janet Evanovich a chance.  I had a friend who simply adored the Stephanie Plum series and I figured it was a good way to spend my summer, right?

So I have made my way through the Plum novels and all the in betweens.  When I ran out of Plums I picked up the MotorMouth series and read it.  Loved it and wished Evanovich had taken the time to write more for that series (graphic novels are not my thing).

Then along comes the spin-off series for Lizzy Tucker, cupcake baker, and Diesel.  Delightful!  Wicked Appetite was a scrumptious little morsel.  No, really, it was. Pure fun to read.  So when I stumbled across the second novel Wicked Business on the bestseller shelf at the library I was terribly excited.  And even though I knew I had two weeks to read it, I was compelled to move it up in the reading stack. 

Evanovich is pure fun to read.  The characters are quirky and yet comfortable to hang out with for a few days, although it never takes me that long to get through one of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment