Monday, July 2, 2012

Everything but the kitchen sink!

The Pour House had amazing pizza.

I remember being introduced to it when I was very small.  My uncle called to order a pizza and it took so long to get it that they gave it to him for free. 

They were known for making pizzas however you wanted them (I know, everybody does this now but this was some thirty years ago before pizza became such a staple of life).  They were a little family owned business that had 2 locations, neither one of them was much to look at. 

The pizza they were most know for though was the one they called "Everything but the kitchen sink" because it was loaded with veggies and meats.  Since I wasn't a fan of mushrooms, anchovies or even sausage back then, it was not my favorite pizza but I do remember that overall their pizza was good.  The crust was unique--just crisp enough on the bottom but delightfully soggy from the spicy sauce. 

The sign to advertise their location was a big billboard with a pitcher of beer being poured.  Thus the Pour House. 

Wish they were still around.  While we have some good pizza places and a lot of chains, nothing quite compares to the Pour House.

No comments:

Post a Comment