Thursday, July 26, 2012

Buried in pictures!

I have been working on a photo wall for my dining room.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would be so hard to select pictures for this wall!  I wanted a mix of family pictures. . .my side, his side, our kids.  It is not an easy task to sift through some seventy five years of photos to find just the right images for the wall.

I have made it through most of our family photos (just under twenty years--woo hoo!).  I have sifted through many of my photos from when I was a kid, going back another twenty years in history.  I have worked through many of my husband's family photos; my best guess there is that I have made it back to the 1940s.  However I have not managed to get through all of my parents' side of the family--yet.  There are pictures there dating back to World War I.  Oh dear.  That means that I have around one hundred years of photos!

Daunting task to say the least.  Do we make it a true collage with a mixture of color and black/white photos?  Turn all the color photos into black and white?  Do we make it random or matchy-neat pattern?  Should we select posed studio type pictures or random captured moments?

Decisions decisions decisions. 

I'll leave you with a taste of what might go up on the wall. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment