Saturday, July 7, 2012

I'm a Leavin' on a Jet Plane. . .don't know when I'll be back again

Oh just kidding.  I don't fly.  Anywhere.  Ever.  Except when I was 3.  So that means I was last on an airplane. . .oh nevermind.  I'm not sharing how long it's been.  Who really cares how long it has been?  I will say that my sister was 4 at the time and we were flying home from a 2 week stint in another state with my parents (temporary job spot for my dad).  My sister and I had gotten sick so my mom flew home with us rather than make us do the long drive home.  I remember the inside of the plane was blue.  I remember fighting over who sat in the window seat.  And I remember my mom had these pink harnesses that we wore in the airport so we couldn't get away from her (People wrinkle their noses and think those harnesses are cruel but I never felt like a dog on a leash. . .it was just what we did and it made it possible for Mom to navigate the airport by herself with 2 small kids and luggage)

Anyways, anytime I hear this song I remember my one and only trip on a jet plane.  Oh yes, and it has to be the Peter, Paul and Mary.  Nothing else sounds right to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment