Monday, July 30, 2012

Friday Night Fireworks

This past Friday we took the kids, along with four of their friends, to a baseball game.  We had friends who were going with their three kids as well.  It was all the chaos I expected and then some.  But by the end of the evening I was just overcome with emotions.

You see, they had fireworks after the game.  So of course we had to stay for those.  Took me right back to my own childhood watching fireworks after a game at that same ballpark.

And then the little ones wanted to run the bases after the game.  So we stayed for that.  The two oldest kids even decided to take part.  After that they stayed to get autographs from the players.

That was what really did me in.  It was really getting late by that time (doubleheader plus fireworks!) but those guys lined the dugout for the kids who were politely swarming around them for autographs.  Surely they just wanted to go shower and be done with the ballpark for a night.  But they smiled and joked with the little kids who had stars in their eyes. 

Best Friday night I have had in a long time.  Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment