Tuesday, May 14, 2013

They call it "Melt in your mouth chicken"

I don't know about the melting but it was pretty much a hit with the whole family.

I think next time I make it I'll actually measure all the ingredients.

Yeah, I cook like that.  Try out a recipe and don't actually measure stuff.  It's how I roll.  Living dangerously and all.

So here are the basics as shared by a friend:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 c mayonnaise (or yogurt)  I used mayo; she used yogurt.  We both said Yum!
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese. (I suspect she used the good stuff.  I used "shake" cheese like Kraft, only it wasn't even Kraft.)
1 1/2 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Put the chicken breasts in a casserole dish.  Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl then smooth it over the chicken.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Do not cover--if you cover this, it won't get all browned and yummy

My friend's recommendation was to serve it over rice.  Instead we had some Italian vegetables (from the frozen veggies case at my favorite supermarket).

Truly a delightful meal.  And we have leftovers for lunch.  Even better!

I do not have my friend's original source for this recipe but a quick search brings up this page which is awesome because it has nutrition information for those who like to have that info.  (Like me!)

Hope your week is off to a great start.  Internet issues kept me away from you on Monday.  Hopefully we get that resolved soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment