Thursday, May 2, 2013

Come on back and talk to Teddy Bear. . .

Yesterday afternoon we were on our way home from school and I was doing a little station hopping.  I was so surprised to come across a blast from my past--Red Sovine singing Teddy Bear.

This song always made me cry when I was a little girl.  I told the girls that I remember once when I was really little my parents called me out of bed to watch Red Sovine sing this song on the Johnny Carson Show.  This meant I was up past 11:00!

So as we listened to it yesterday I soon found myself losing the battle against tears.  I looked over at my oldest and asked her if she was crying.  It looked like she was blinking back tears.  She couldn't deny it. Her voice gave her away.  She too was having a tough time (although she didn't have tears dripping down her face like I did).

But it's a good happy cry. 

Listen for yourself.  See if you can make it to the end without fighting tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment