Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fresh Peach Ice Cream

When I was a little girl we went to Lloyd's Ice Cream (no longer exists, sadly).  My parents either got butter pecan ice cream or chocolate almond.  I got fresh strawberry.  My sister always got fresh peach.

For our Race Day party I decided that we needed a little bit of my sister present.  So on a whim I mixed up peach ice cream.  The recipe originally came from Rival, the manufacturer of my ice cream maker.  But I had to modify it a bit so here's what we did:

1 cup of milk
7/8 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of half and half
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla
3+ cups of chopped peaches

Scald 1 cup of milk.  Remove from heat and add the sugar and salt.  Pour into the ice cream maker bucket then add the half and half, whipping cream, milk, vanilla and peaches.  Refrigerate for an hour or two then follow the instructions for freezing.

Delicious.  A little piece of summer time heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment