Monday, May 6, 2013

Run for the Roses!!!

My youngest loves horses.

I love them too.  But from a distance since I don't have the money, time or space for them.

But on Derby day I have to be a fan. 

So I gathered the troops and we set out to watch the race.

My youngest had such cute questions. . . .

"Do they have to dress up?"

"How many laps do they do?"

"Are their any girls in the race?"

"Why are they singing?

Followed up by "Mom are you crying?"

I wasn't.  

She was a-dor-able!

She couldn't pick a winner.  She just wanted them all to win.

Awwwwww.

I was all over the map too.  I pick horses like I pick paint colors--the name has to speak to me.

In the end the winner was Orb which she was just fine with. . .the same as me.


I can't say that anyone else in the family had as much fun watching the race as she did.  But it was definitely some of the good stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment