Thursday, January 3, 2013

RIP Patti Page

Patti Page died January 1st.  She was 85.

As a young girl she was told she had a good voice and from there, things happened.  She is known for a host of songs. . .some of which weren't expected to be big hits and several which were "crossover" hits that didn't really fit the existing categories.  Even though she was "before my time" I knew her music well because my mom loved to listen to Patti Page

Today I want to share a few of my favorites

Doggie in the Window:

Tennessee Waltz became her biggest hit.  According to FOX news: "Tennessee Waltz" scored the rare achievement of reaching No. 1 on the pop, country and R&B charts simultaneously and was officially adopted as one of two official songs by the state of Tennessee. Its reach was so powerful, six other artists reached the charts the following year with covers.




And of course I can't leave out Mockin' Bird Hill


Earlier this year I featured "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" as one of my favorite songs.  See that post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment