Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One-pot "Baked" Ziti

I know, you can hardly stand the excitement--back to back recipe days!  I admit, I'm excited too.  This one is a new one that I am soooo going to have to try with my family.  They have come to love One-pot Lasagna.  This one looks like it will take even less time to prepare.  

1 lb ziti pasta
17 oz jar marinara
1/2 c mozzarella
1/2 c Parmesan
15 oz ricotta cheese

Cook ziti pasta al dente. Drain the pasta. Add  marinara to the pasta pan and bring to medium high heat. Stir in the cooked pasta along with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses then add ricotta cheese. Heat through and serve.

The recipe I read also suggested adding cut up cooked vegetables, sliced pepperoni or even diced ham.  I can see my family wanting pepperoni added to this dish.

Sounds delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment