Monday, January 28, 2013

I may never get caught up.

Last week is like a lost week for me.

The youngest got sick on Sunday.  The middle child got sick the next day.  For five days they were completely wiped out.

One had a really high fever and coughed some.  The other had less fever but an awful cough.

It really is a miracle that the entire family didn't fall victim to this mystery virus.  It looked like the flu.  It felt like the flu.  It sounded like the flu.  But apparently, it was a lousy test-taker because it didn't test like the flu.

Nonetheless the kids missed the entire week of school and we have had to play massive "school" at home to get them caught up.

Laundry fell by the wayside.

Extra house cleaning fell by the wayside.

My homework fell by the wayside.

But kids are in better shape and that is what is important.

I'll just keep the living room blinds shut until next weekend when I hopefully I get a chance to take the last standing tree down and hide it away for another 11 months.  Don't go telling everyone my last tree is still up.  It's getting embarrassing.

But when the kids are sick, getting them well and caught up in school is much more important anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment