Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jimmie Rodgers wins the "Saturday Song" contest!

I recently discovered that I can listen to a variety of music "channels" through my cable tv.  Haha--who knew?

The cool thing is these are themed stations with much more variety than I would get through VH-1, MTV or CMT.  It's like having radio without commercials.

Heaven.

So the other night while trying to help sick kids with homework we turned on the 50s and 60s channel.  I had not heard this one from Jimmie Rodgers in many many years. 

An oldie and still a goodie~~Secretly

 
Based the number of youtube hits that song has, it isn't one of the more popular ones from Jimmie Rodgers.  This of course just means people that grew up listening to it may not realize that it's available on youtube.  They probably have it in their own collections anyway, right?
 
A more well known song from Jimmie Rodgers is of course "Honeycomb" which is certainly a good catchy little song. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment